The Bufferblock is a solution for stormwater drainage and buffering in the urban area. The function is similar to that of infiltration crates, but because of the high strength a much thinner top layer is needed. This results in a less deep installation depth, higher buffering capacities and a more cost-effective solution.
Stormwater enters trough a permeable pavement/road or through a street gully in the cavities of the Bufferblocks, after which the water infiltrates into the soil or is redirected. The Bufferblocks have a water storage capacity of 250 to 500 liters per square meter and can resist heavy traffic loads.
The Bufferblocks are designed to be inspected and cleaned by commonly used sewer inspection equipment.
- Opitmal stormwater storage in the urban area due to less installation depth
- Strong enough to withstand heavy traffic loads
- High capacity of stormwater storage
- Possible to inspect and clean with standard sewer equipment
- Suitable as lightweight fill material (approx. 900 kg/m3)
By VP Delta - Inge Sneijder In addition to dykes for protecting the Dutch harbours and …
In honor of the 10th anniversary of Pioneering, Pioneering organized the Smart, Smarter, SmartEAST competition. …